12 Must Do’s for 2022 Practice SuccessNov 07, 2022
Whilst not an exhaustive list, these are the things that I used to do in my practice over the Christmas/New Year break and I still do in my mentoring / coaching/consulting business.
- Diarise important personal dates for the entire year eg birthdays, anniversaries, school holidays, holidays (setup as recurring where you can). I usually block the whole day so I can decide how I will spend it with that special someone!
- Diarise important business dates for the entire year eg public holidays, office closures, conferences, planning days, key lodgement dates, working on your business at least once a month.
- Schedule time for things that are going to help you achieve your life vision and give you fulfilment in 2022 eg. self-care, meditation, exercise, hair, beauty, annual appts with doctor’s, dentist, financial planner, insurance agent, banker, solicitor
- Review and reflect on your 2021 practice and life “champagne popping” moments. What’s your plan to enjoy even more of these in 2022?
- Review and reflect on your 2021 practice and life “what am I doing?” moments. What’s your plan to mitigate these or say goodbye to them completely in 2022?
- Spend some time getting really clear what you want from your practice and your life and vision board it! Your lifestyle? Your income? What changes do you need to make to make this happen in 2022? Clients? Pricing? Boundaries? Support?
- Spend some time getting your accounting file up to date to 31 December 2021. Get your own 2021 financials, tax returns and BAS’s out of the way and make a plan to make future ones a priority.
- Review your practice’s YTD performance and reset your P & L budget, fee budget and KPI’s. Update budget in your accounting software. If you don’t have a budget, it’s time to crunch your numbers and enter it in your software.
- Review your Schedule of Fees and adjust accordingly. You may use new rates for new clients and gradually rollout to existing clients or you may prefer to draw a line in the sand and make the changes from 1 January 2022!
Who is going to be on your A-team in 2022? Who is going to support you, encourage you, hold you accountable, help you achieve your goals faster? A key team member? A fellow practice owner? Me?
Pick 1 to 3 projects to work on over the next 90 days. This will help you maintain momentum after the holiday period and set your pathway to a better practice & a better life. Now list the steps needed for each project with deadline dates.
“Less is More”. “Simplify, Simplify, Simplify” What do you need to start saying NO to or to SIMPLIFY & STREAMLINE in 2022? You may need to go back to #6 for hints.