Offering a formal tax planning service definitely ticks that box, increasing practice profitability, giving you greater work satisfaction and developing stronger client relationships.
Tax Planning Services
This is a self-paced course and the only program you will ever need to gain complete confidence in preparing and delivering a valuable and profitable tax planning service to your SME clients. Your clients will happily pay for your time, knowledge and experience! You’ll master what your tax planning service will look like, what your tax planning fee will be, ways to introduce and market your new or improved tax planning service to your clients.
What You'll Learn
Here's what you'll learn along the stages throughout this course:
Seeding or Starting Out
- Start offering a formal, efficient and profitable tax planning service to your SME clients.
- get all the tools to start out the right way
- how to price your tax planning service
- how to market this service and convince clients to pay
- the way you start will be the way you finish!
- You can learn these lessons yourself
- perfect for if you have been offering tax planning but not very formalised and certainly not charging appropriately for it
- separate this service from just an extra conversation when you present the annual work
- a structured process so no more back of the envelope calculations and gives you the power to charge and deliver differently
- get direction, tools and strategies that work
- tweak, pivot and start reaping the financial rewards
Growing and Scaling Up
- tax planning is part of a powerful suite of business advisory and business development services that you offer to all clients
- an efficient and tax planning process makes it easy to get your staff involved in the process
- gain the confidence to offer tax planning to all of your clients
- grow and scale with purpose and in accordance to your vision
The course is for small and solo accounting practice owners who want to:
- start offering a tax planning service to their SME clients
- offer a more formalised tax planning service to their SME clients
- produce accurate, thorough and easy to understand reports showing estimated profit and estimated tax that allow them and their clients to work through various tax planning strategies and to develop strategies and an action plan
- improve the efficiency, effectiveness and profitability of their tax planning process eventually invest in more expensive tax planning software, however at the present time they are unable to justify this from a pricing / volume perspective and are particularly interested in learning more about the actual processes and system that will be their foundation on which they can keep building on each year. In saying that, I used the same system each year and just changed the tax rates and added new strategies as needed and my clients loved it!
Tax Planning for Success
HERE'S HOW IT ROLLS OUT
For each module there’s a video explaining the concept and the role it plays in the tax planning process and all the resources so all you need to do is tweak and add your practice’s flavour.
Articulating and pricing your tax planning service
Explaining your tax planning process and Marketing it to your client base
The tax planning process and the preliminary work required
Preparing the tax plan and considering the tax planning strategies appropriate
Presenting the tax plan to your clients and selecting which of the suggested tax planning strategies will be implemented prior to 30 June 2022
Finalising the tax plan and action plan, issuing the tax planning report, trust distribution minutes where applicable and invoice
What you get with the 2023 Tax Planning Services
Excel Worksheet and Report Strategy List
“I decided to offer a couple of tiers of tax planning packages and within the first week of me rolling out my offer, I had 2 clients take up my highest priced package. Funnily enough, what they paid for the tax planning package was much higher than they had paid for their 2019 compliance work!!!!”
- 2020 Course Participant
“Basically I never understood tax planning – but now I realised I’d been doing a stripped back version of it all along and not charging much or appropriately for it."
- 2021 Course Participant
"Hey Amanda, received mine today and I love them! They are so well set and very comprehensive. Have already sent the new client details and engagement form to a new client that just called! So much better than the one I created! Thanks so much!"
- 2022 Course Participant
"I did the tax planning course in 2021. This really was a game changer for my business - being able to roll out questionnaires to our clients in our branding and then prepare tax planning strategy with more tools was great. The presentation of the pack for clients added the next level of professionalism."
- Kirsten Fowler, KEF Accounting
I'm returning to do the Tax Planning course again this year. The reason why is that it really gives you the tools to build a standardised product offering.
What this means is that it helps you articulate the value that tax planning provides, make sure it's done thoroughly and well, and please your clients by helping them understand the levers they can pull to save tax.
Further, you don't give away your time for free to anyone not willing to pay for it, you clearly define tax planning as a separate service to tax return preparation to avoid compliance scope creep + it makes the compliance work the next year much more efficient as a bonus.
- Jack Dixon, Back Beach Accounting